The Elecraft K-Pod is the perfect companion to your Elecraft K4, K3, or K3S Transceiver. It’s versatility let’s you control the radio from a simple button push, putting you in complete control. The K-Pod has an easy spinning VFO knob that will extended your operation by not tiring you out.
The 400 count optical ball-bearing encoder provides fine tuning frequency control, and friction can be added to satisfy any individuals operating style. A rocker switch lets you quickly switch between VFO A, VFO B, and the RIT/XIT offset. The K-Pod can be powered in one of three ways, a rear 12 volt accessory jack, the K-pod’s USB port, or any 8-15 V, 50mA DC external power supply.
There is a power on LED, as well as three user definable LEDS for any feature you want to know is engaged. With eight programmable buttons that have a short, and long press. You get up to 16 options to control the existing radio functions. When the press of a K-Pod button, you can activate one, or a series of commands.
These commands include, filters, memories, splits, speakers, or a series of feature that reach a desired result. The step by step manual instruction manual will cover programming. A USB port for firmware updates and station controls. Also included are 3 general purpose ports.
Features and Functionality:
- Multi-Function Knob: At the heart of the KPOD is a multifunctional knob that serves as the primary control interface for various radio parameters. The knob allows for smooth and precise adjustment of frequency, volume, tuning speed, and other settings, providing a tactile and intuitive user experience.
- Customizable Controls: The KPOD features programmable function keys and buttons that can be customized to perform specific functions based on user preferences. This flexibility enables users to tailor the device to their individual operating style and workflow, enhancing efficiency and convenience.
- Integration with Elecraft Transceivers: The KPOD seamlessly integrates with Elecraft transceivers, including the K3, K3S, KX3, and KX2 models, via a USB connection. This integration allows for direct control of radio parameters and settings from the KPOD, eliminating the need for additional peripherals or software.
- Digital Modes Support: The KPOD supports various digital modes, including CW, PSK31, RTTY, and more, making it suitable for a wide range of operating preferences and preferences. The device’s intuitive interface and responsive controls ensure smooth operation in digital mode applications.
- Multi-Function Display: The KPOD features a high-resolution OLED display that provides real-time feedback on radio parameters, frequency, mode, and other relevant information. The display is highly customizable, allowing users to configure it to display their preferred data fields and indicators.
Performance and Usability:
In terms of performance, the Elecraft KPOD delivers exceptional responsiveness and precision, thanks to its high-quality components and intuitive design. The multi-function knob provides smooth and accurate control over radio parameters, while the customizable buttons and function keys enhance usability and workflow efficiency. The seamless integration with Elecraft transceivers ensures compatibility and reliability, allowing for a seamless operating experience.
- Sleek and ergonomic design with sturdy aluminum construction.
- Multi-function knob for smooth and precise control over radio parameters.
- Customizable controls for personalized operating experience.
- Seamless integration with Elecraft transceivers via USB connection.
- High-resolution OLED display provides real-time feedback and customization options.
- Limited compatibility with non-Elecraft transceivers.
- Higher price point compared to some other station controllers on the market.
Elecraft K-Pod Review
I send CW right handed so I set the K-pod up on the left side of the keyboard. It is small and thakes up little room, but has an impressive look. This lets me make quick frequency changes the second I finish sending for contests. I used most of the buttons, but have a few open for future features.
The USB cable that came with it was not long enough for my set up, but it was a standard USB to UART. The buttong have an audible tone when pressed, which confirms the action. A rocker switch lets you quickly switch between A and B receivers, this is nice when working split.
The weighted knob matches the radio’s, and it smooth when tuning. A fold down stand is makes it more comfortable while using. The Elecraft K-pod is a nice accessory to the K4 and is highly useful while operating. It has completed my station, and increased my contest speeds.